Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity v2.0.0.13 and GearCity: 2nd Gear v2.4.0.1
Greetings Everyone,

Dual bug fix updates this weekend. First, Classic GearCity received update v2.0.0.13. This is a small update that contains fixes for a pair of exploits, edge cases, a medium-sized bug, and a few little bugs.

GearCity: 2nd Gear received a much bigger update. It addresses several issues with the new systems added with the last update. It also has a few downstream fixes from Classic GC.

With GearCity: 2nd Gear Milestone #5 approaching in a few days, I plan on working on some engine issues that came from our engine library upgrades from Milestone #3. There are also several long-time micro issues with the game which have been sitting on my to-do list for years. If time permits, I'll address those.

I plan to complete GearCity: 2nd Gear Milestone #5, then pause GC work and the FBS system for a few months while I work on AeroMogul exclusively. How long of a pause depends on how long it takes to complete Milestone #5. But I figure it won't be until Spring/Summer of next year before we're fundraising again.

I think in the long term, until Serhey can regularly produce artwork for GC again, I will limit the FBS to 1 Big Milestone per year. As it is now, it is taking away too much of my time from working on AeroMogul. That is my tentative plan anyway. We'll see when we get there.

GearCity v2.0.0.13 Change Log
-Bugfix: Fixed Stock window not showing contract and other secondary revenues streams.
-Bugfix: Fixed autotools exploit that could cause fractional sales prices below $1, thus breaking AI.
-GUI: Synced rating star values between rooms.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug that did not transfer stocks when companies consolidate.
-Bugfix: Fixed possible stuck RnD skills when skill level drops below 0.25.
-Gameplay: Decreased Dealership subsidy amount after several uses.
-Gameplay: AI now does dealership subsidy on normal, hard, and nightmare mode.
-Bugfix: Fixed Global Fuel Price issue that causes the display of incorrect transportation costs values on the first turn.
-Bugfix: Jitter Charts OSX 2.0.0.12 (City Sales, small window)
-Media: Removed Classic Territory on OSX to prevent crash.
-Bugfix: Fixed Gearbox Prototype Selection text not resetting after player clears it.

GearCity: 2nd Gear v2.4.0.1 Change Log
-Bugfix: Fixed Stock window not showing contract and other secondary revenues streams.
-Bugfix: Fixed autotools exploit that could cause fractional sales prices below $1, thus breaking AI.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug that did not transfer stocks when companies consolidate.
-GUI: Fixed switched individual skills for Gearbox and Gears.
-Bugfix: Fixed database error with Can't Lose/Infinite Money setting
-Bugfix: Fixed AI Companies not creating factories when they have no factories in the new factory system.
-GUI: Add Max production to the reports when mk2 factories is enabled.
-Gameplay: Decreased Dealership subsidy amount after several uses.
-Gameplay: AI now does dealership subsidy on normal, hard, and nightmare mode.
-Bugfix: Fixed reducing District Production in the Mk2 Production System
-Bugfix: Fixed mk2 Factory Production Sort Order
-Bugfix: Prevent opening mk2 production window when player has no designs
-Bugfix: Fixed Global Fuel Price issue that causes the display of incorrect transportation costs values on the first turn.
-Bugfix: Jitter Charts OSX 2.0.0.12 (City Sales, small window)
-Content: Renamed pre-1918 Russia to Russian Empire
-GUI: Fixed Chassis Design UI labels causing duplicate Maximum Chassis Width Sliders.
-GUI: Fixed UI clipping of engine sizes in the designer.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing engine height slider not to work.
-Bugfix: Fixed UI issue causing empty restart production screen
-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing engines not to fit when engine height and chassis supported heights match.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with post 1950s mk2 factories being significantly smaller.
-Gameplay: Reduced max mk2 production capacity. I will probably do some more tweaking in the future.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with broken height values when licenses/outsourcing/sharing components.
-GUI: Default engine height to the same slider positions as length and width (I need to do chassis supported height this way too.)
-Gameplay: Made adjustments to mk2 factory upgrade values. This may need more adjustments.
-Bugfix: Fixed issues with vehicle research team values not being displayed
-GUI: Fixed issue causing the display of replacement options when Mk2 factories are enabled.
-Bugfix: Fixed issues that caused AI to reset mk2 production, such as ordering more units from them, which causes the AI not to produce vehicles anymore.
-Bugfix: Fixed display issue with production lines in the classic production system.
-Bugfix: Possible bug fix for possible negative production values in the mk2 system. If you're able to get negative values, please let me know how!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski