Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhanced contracting & licensing reporting
(06-11-2024, 06:59 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Would this cover most of what you're asking for: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4064

Hi Eric,

Yes, I think it mostly would, perhaps some screenshots could help elucidate what I really mean more in depth. I notice that the bounty suggests that as it's currently laid out, it would be performance-intensive. I'm not a computer guy really hardcore, so I don't know if this would be any better, but essentially, what I'm looking for is as follows:

In this screenshot, we can see that Boofsworth has 14 components (which I license out to racing teams). 
[img]imgur.com/a/HdfRSd0[/img]
We can also see that no revenues are pulling in for a quick top-down view in the marque screen. They do, despite all these companies being private, for the other marques (I'm just assuming that the revenues line there is only summing up revenues from vehicle sales, or vehicle sales+others but not revenues from contracts). I would love to just see the revenues from the racing deals pull through to that line.

This screenshot shows that the revenue data for the engines produced by Boofsworth are totally there, it's basically just a pain for me to manually add up the revenues each time I want to check in.
[img]imgur.com/a/TqJ3hGn[/img]

Basically, the root of this ask is to see how a company that exclusively contracts out components to racing teams, or other stuff, is performing financially. It would be great I think if in the bounty you linked there is much more detailed expense data as well, but more immediately I think that maybe these subtle changes are possible as a holdover until you have the bandwith/the game is ready for a more performance-intensive update, ontop of what you already have cooking up with production overhaul/redesign.

Genuinely apologize if this is stuff that would be included in the bounty that you linked. Hope this clears up my ask a little bit, absolutely open to continue helping clarify if this still isn't getting anywhere. And please, feel free to take to this down if it should be in response to that bounty thread - i will continue the discussion there

-Frankie

[-]
Quick Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enhanced contracting & licensing reporting - by boscostix - 06-12-2024, 09:39 AM
RE: Enhanced contracting & licensing reporting - by Guest - 09-14-2024, 01:21 PM