Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engines per Model
(08-08-2014, 10:11 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Sorry for the late reply. I was rushing to get 1.15 out, so anything that required thought and major decisions was put off.

As freeman2344 points out, implementing this would be quite a bit of work with marginal gains. While it does consolidate reports, I already have plans to merge trims together and to filter report results.

If this had been suggested 18 months ago, I would probably make a serious attempt at it. However with the current system and the current time constants, I can't make a serious effort into overhauling the entire vehicle system.

What will happen is anywhere you can select a vehicle, you'll be able to filter based on vehicle type and base model. Reports will be added that merge trim models into an "overall sales for a model" and the costs of making a new trim will decrease significantly. I believe the ability to filter out other models from the selection screen will fix most of the issues with the current system. But that's my opinion.

You also have to remember, that there is more than just engine choice with trims. I forget the car model (think it was honda) but the base I4 came only with cloth seats, the V6 only came with leather seats. This means the V6 trim had higher luxury sliders. Something your proposed system would not do unless we allow both multi-engine selection AND trim creation. I already get too many complaints that the GUI is too much... LOL

Anyhoo I look forward to your counter proposal or expansion on the above fixes i mentioned.

This sounds great Eric. I believe that these changes will already make the system MUCH better.

Messages In This Thread
Engines per Model - by tetebello - 08-02-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Engines per Model - by freeman2344 - 08-03-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Engines per Model - by tetebello - 08-04-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Engines per Model - by Eric.B - 08-08-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: Engines per Model - by freeman2344 - 08-10-2014, 08:42 PM