Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 10mil by 1910....

Hey guys! Figured I'd share a little of what I've managed to achieve so far. Not on my 1st try at all and listening to Erics advice a lot.. so - here is what I was doing to get 10Mil in 1st 10 years....

So - 1st thing I consider is the location. This is where Eric's advice was most important. You have to be able to combine effective manufacturing yet keeping it relatevly cheap and have a good sales platform with low transportation costs. I use Paris as a starting city, and Bordeaux as a manufacturing platform (more aboit it later).

1st car .. Mine was a Sedan that costs 944 per unit. From the 1st month of sale I've offered it in Paris, Bordeaux, London, Berlin and several othger cities arround me. I started selling it at $2500 but soon lowered to $2000. As of 1910 I am still selling it (along with another Sedan) for $1500..

But I want to have a broader range, so in 1902 I design a Landaulet, and 1905 a Touring car (this one already uses a new set of components). And 1906 - a new Sedan hits the market with the same new set of components. The two newest cars I still sell at $2500

And here are my sales number for 3/1/1910. This has been more or less consistant over the years. Notice that both Sedans are still selling. Not sure if I should have removed the old one to lower internal competition, but whatever - it makes me cash Smile

Since it's impossible to describe all the actions anyway - I'll stop here for now, but if you have any quiestions - DO ask - I will be glad to answer, if I can of course, if not - we'll tourment Eric!!

PS - forgot about Bordeaux factory - I start building my 2nd factory about the same time as I put my 2nd car in research. Close enough to make sure I can use it when the 2nd car is coocked.. This time it's a 9 production lines factory, and in general I use all of my Paris prod. lines, and 50-100% of Bordeaux lines. I also monitor reserves monthly, and cancel production lines or add new as needed

Messages In This Thread
My 10mil by 1910.... - by MrX_ua - 04-11-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: My 10mil by 1910.... - by Eric.B - 04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: My 10mil by 1910.... - by Corwin86 - 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM