Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: GearCity: 2nd Gear v2.4.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greeting everyone,

A decent sized bug fix patch today that addresses some long standing and recent issues with the game.

In Windows, you should see improvements to alt-tabbing support in DirectX9. I was able to get the OpenGL2 memory leak resolved in my test program. But upon testing the full game for release the issue remained. This issue will require more investigation.

In Linux, the sound system's double free on exit was fixed. This fix was also extended to MacOS, but there is additional issues there with CEF that was not addressed.

Finally, I addressed several issues in the new game systems.

Change Log:
-Engine: Upgraded Windows to Ogre14.3. This resolved Windows OpenGL2 memory leak in test program, but not the full game. More investigations will be required.
-Engine: Changed DX9 initialization and made some adjustments to returning from DX9 lost state code.
-Bugfix: Fixed possible over production in the Mk2 District Production system to hopefully fix possible negative production. -Bugfix: Fixed possible over production when redesigning factories smaller.
-Bugfix: Fixed non ascii language font not scaling in language settings.
-Engine: Fixed double free issue in sound system when exiting the game on Unix's (Linux, Mac). Mac still has an exit crash related to CEF.
-Bugfix: Fixed ability to open production system of an under construction factory in the Mega Menu.
-Bugfix: Fixed Phone Contract Menu saying "Too wide" instead of "Too tall".
-GUI: If "Show Only Active" is uncheck, vehicle modification will show discontinued vehicles in modifier list.
-GUI: Modification Window now closes when making new generator or trim of a car.
-GUI: Modification Window lists now update when making new generation vehicle or trim.
-Bugfix: Fixed potential bug that prevented new generation from being made because of "duplicate name"