Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: Option to randomize possible max sub-component values for bounty #59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eric, I was reading your comment on bounty #59, " Should we tell users the maximum values they can obtain with a sub-component? I think not, but many people like to min/max their games.", and thinking that it would be fun to have an optional alt-history toggle where the potential max values for sub-components are randomized. That way, even after many games you can still be surprised. I wondered if this might be pretty easy to include when you code the original bounty. If not, I think it would be an interesting additional bounty.
It would have to be an additional bounty since it will need hooks in several places that I am not touching for this bounty. (Main Menu, Settings DB, Randomizer, etc.) Amusingly, thinking about it, this and bounty #59 would only share 1 line of code in a conditional statement.