Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhanced contracting & licensing reporting
Hello,

I'm hoping to put in a request for a bounty that would expand on the in-game reports related to revenue and losses from contracts (civilian, military, & racing) and licensing. Currently, it seems we only have the "Components" menu in the showroom to go off of, or, in the case of a marque that exclusively makes components, not really much of anything useful beyond manual addition. I hope this isn't too frivolous, but I would love to be able to see some more expanded reporting data on how a marque like that, or the company at large, might actually be "doing" in these areas. 

Please feel free to let me know if this doesn't make much sense, or if I'm missing the mark on what I'm asking for, and I'll do my best to try and clarify. Thanks very much! biggrin
-Frankie
Would this cover most of what you're asking for: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4064
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(06-11-2024, 06:59 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Would this cover most of what you're asking for: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4064

Hi Eric,

Yes, I think it mostly would, perhaps some screenshots could help elucidate what I really mean more in depth. I notice that the bounty suggests that as it's currently laid out, it would be performance-intensive. I'm not a computer guy really hardcore, so I don't know if this would be any better, but essentially, what I'm looking for is as follows:

In this screenshot, we can see that Boofsworth has 14 components (which I license out to racing teams). 
[img]imgur.com/a/HdfRSd0[/img]
We can also see that no revenues are pulling in for a quick top-down view in the marque screen. They do, despite all these companies being private, for the other marques (I'm just assuming that the revenues line there is only summing up revenues from vehicle sales, or vehicle sales+others but not revenues from contracts). I would love to just see the revenues from the racing deals pull through to that line.

This screenshot shows that the revenue data for the engines produced by Boofsworth are totally there, it's basically just a pain for me to manually add up the revenues each time I want to check in.
[img]imgur.com/a/TqJ3hGn[/img]

Basically, the root of this ask is to see how a company that exclusively contracts out components to racing teams, or other stuff, is performing financially. It would be great I think if in the bounty you linked there is much more detailed expense data as well, but more immediately I think that maybe these subtle changes are possible as a holdover until you have the bandwith/the game is ready for a more performance-intensive update, ontop of what you already have cooking up with production overhaul/redesign.

Genuinely apologize if this is stuff that would be included in the bounty that you linked. Hope this clears up my ask a little bit, absolutely open to continue helping clarify if this still isn't getting anywhere. And please, feel free to take to this down if it should be in response to that bounty thread - i will continue the discussion there

-Frankie
So, the first picture is a bug. The stock menu shows vehicle sales revenues. It's not showing all revenues. So, I will mark that down to fix in the next update.

For the second issue, are you asking for a sum of the revenues for a component's contracts? Because, the second picture you linked (I assume Revenue: Contract Revenues Report), it shows the active contracts and revenues. If so, this bounty would probably cover what you're looking for: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4078 Assuming it can recalculate on search, you would search by your engine name, and the footer of the table will sum (or average) the values of the table, thus giving you total revenue.

Finally, if you're only selling contracts, why isn't the standard revenue report giving you the basic financial information you need to know if the company is successful or not?

The bounty I linked in the first post is more of a history summation of the contract revenues report. You select a component, then it generates a list of all the contracts/vehicles it was in and displays the information individually and as a sum.

If you think there should be a separate report, please let me know what columns there should be. How to group the rows. And what, if any, should the summary information at the top be?

Quote:Genuinely apologize if this is stuff that would be included in the bounty that you linked.

No need to apologize. It's all part of the process.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

[-]
Quick Reply