Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milestone #5 Voting Results
(10-20-2024, 04:37 AM)wasgehtdichdasan Wrote: Hey Eric,

one Suggestion: It may make sense to organise a „Remove small cheap anoying things“ Milestone. For example: #29, #183, #196, #193.

The point of the low priced bounties was to have a few small improvements while artwork took up 80-90% of the budget. Without the artwork component, low priced bounties are filler after the community funds a handful of big items.

I don't see how bundling all these into a single bounty gets them more likely funded. In fact, at $300, I doubt there would be a chance for the group at all. Considering the four of these bounties only picked up 4 votes this election. Not very many people find them annoying enough to put their money toward. And to get $300 funded this go around, you needed 75 votes. At 75 votes, you could have fully funded some.

As it is, there is a chance that a small amount of votes can fund any one of those bounties. Or even fully funded like bounties #97 and #324 were if someone finds them annoying enough. As a bundle, this is not the case. A good example of micro bounties getting funded with little votes was #120 and #8 in Milestone #4: https://www.ventdev.com/fbs/runningresul...sults.html

From a strategic prospective, If you want to knock out little tickets like this, focus ALL your VP into one of them. Then lobby for it in the caucusing thread. If it doesn't gain any support and it looks like it won't be funded, pull your votes and save them for another day. It always amazes me when folks try to shotgun their votes to many bounties. If you focused on a single one of them, it has a higher chance of getting through.

Anyway, the community funded 4 "small" ($101-$500) and 3 "micro" ($100 and less) bounties this milestone. So small is getting selected.

Quote:Then the Game will be much less anoying with a all the clicks and you are able to focus more on aeromogul.

I am unsure how adding 4 bounties to a single milestone allows me to focus on AeroMogul more? If the community funded such a bundled bounty, it's 4 bounties of work. If they're funded individually, it's still 4 bounties of work. The amount of work is the same. I could charge more money for the bundle, but then few would vote for it.

Quote:Maybe or make sense to add a contribution for aeromogul too?

While I do not plan on taking contributions for AeroMogul while development is fully funded, bounty #001 would allow you to specify if you want your contributions to go toward the FBS Milestones. That would allow me to get rid of bounty #000 for folks who have no interest in GearCity and are only here for AeroMogul news.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Milestone #5 Voting Results - by Eric.B - 10-16-2024, 11:11 AM
RE: Milestone #5 Voting Results - by Eric.B - 10-20-2024, 10:26 AM