Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ADDED] Show accounting profit in bottom bar instead of cashflow
When you enable financing, changes in your balance are not a good indicator of things going well or badly. Ideally I would like to be able to switch the bottom bar to show the current balance and the accounting profit. (Instead of balance and the delta since last month)

Accounting profit is:
  • + all revenue except: Customer financing, Sold stocks
  • - all expenses except: Tax payment, Loan repayment, Bond payback, Credit payments, Dividend payo
  • - Tax expected to be paid over the cars sold last month

Alternatively it can be described as:
  • + Cashflow
  • + Tax payment
  • + Loan repayment
  • + Bond payback
  • + Credit payments
  • + Dividend payout
  • + Customer loans funded
  • - Customer loan payments
  • - Customer loan early payoffs
  • - Sold stocks
  • - Tax expected to be paid over cars sold last month

That way you get a number that shows you how your company is doing over the long term, ignoring things that cause big swings in your balance like: Customer financing, taking out bonds, buying or selling stock, IPOs, etc
I'm not sure how well this would work for normal people who just want to see their cash flow. Remember, the vast majority of people who play the game have no accounting or business experience.

Anyway, I will put a bounty on it, and likely make it a toggle-able option.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yes, I agree that it would be confusing to show accounting profit by default. It's information that I noticed I wanted to have a lot while playing on nightmare difficulty but is a lot of work to compute from the reports every turn.

If it was possible to inject a bit of javascript into the simple report I could add it there for myself but I don't currently see a way to do that.
(09-23-2024, 10:27 AM)thexa4 Wrote: Yes, I agree that it would be confusing to show accounting profit by default. It's information that I noticed I wanted to have a lot while playing on nightmare difficulty but is a lot of work to compute from the reports every turn.

If it was possible to inject a bit of javascript into the simple report I could add it there for myself but I don't currently see a way to do that.

Unfortunately, the .html pages are generated from C++, so you would have to do it after the fact. And most of the data is just raw html tables. Ideally, adding a scripting language to the game engine would be the way to go to bring back custom reports.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Added to the bounty system: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4611

[-]
Quick Reply