Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.3.0.0 64 bit, ALT+Tab / Loss of focus causes black scene
(02-11-2024, 11:10 AM)Rashi Wrote: Borderless Window has never worked for me honestly.

Selection either or and Fullscreen and/or Borderless Window options for DirectX in the Video Settings editor  and saving will generate a successfull save message, and will still be selected if I exit and restart the Video Settings Editor, but it will still not be selectable in the Game Settings when starting GC.

So using the external settings editor: https://wiki.gearcity.info/doku.php?id=g...ngs_editor

If you disable the full screen, enable borderless window, and have it set to DirectX9. Then save. You don't get a full-screen window?

It being broken in the game is a known issue that keeps not getting addressed, so I will look into that. In fact, I think I fixed it at some point, but then some code got overwritten and it regressed. That's the problem with maintaining so many different variants of the game.

Quote:With OpenGL Fullscreen this issue does not exist, but it will not truly alt+tab (application stays on top, which is alright by me)
Yup, the window does not minimize or go into the background. I believe the folks at Ogre may have changed their Window management stuff. They want folks to use a third-party library instead of Ogre managing it. Anyway, I plan to try minimizing the window manually when the focus is lost while in full-screen mode. But I don't think this is a game-breaking issue, so I'll try it when I do bulk bug fixes instead of losing a day+ of AeroMogul time solely on this issue. It's hard to bounce between two projects. I need to get my mind into Airplane mode. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3.0.0 64 bit, ALT+Tab / Loss of focus causes black scene - by Eric.B - 02-11-2024, 01:38 PM