Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.3.0.2 - Excessive transportation costs with auto-production on
(06-03-2024, 05:20 PM)AstraMeccanica Wrote: Here's the save gasgasgas. yes, it's in 1920
Thanks for the save game.

Quote:While uploading the save on google drive I tried closing the branches in helsinki and St petersburg. It still says 400$. I am more puzzled then ever.

Please note when you are looking at it from the District level, it is taking an average for all branches and then averaging that average. You removed one combination. There are likely many.

Quote:I'm not versed into formulas, so I didn't understand a thing about the above. But I sense you're saying the transportation costs shown are justifiable
So I ran another test. New game, year 1901. Factory in Bologna, Italy. Branch in New York. It says distance 5001. 279$. It would be crazy that 5000 km in 1901 are cheaper than 3000 km in 1920

Fuel prices were cheaper in 1901 than in 1920. You're also looking at Bologna and New York, which have higher infrastructure values than Tsarist/Communist Russia and collapsing Spain. There is also the monetary devaluation factor.

Please note what you see in the branch windows are estimates. If you go to the individual city, you see the price range from minimum to maximum prices. These estimates do not take into consideration factory shipping restrictions imposed by the AI Autoproduction system. They do account for branch-level and model-level shipping restrictions. Instead, use the metrics for Total Delivery Costs to see how secondary expenses are effecting your profit margins as a whole. And the Branch operations report is also helpful for catching high transportation costs.

Quote:As for the car naming. yes, I always use new generation (almost never trim but I guess I should start doing it for cheaper version devoted to other marques). As you can see from the save I eventually gave up and around 1919 I created a model named Beta II but I am still curious about this issue.
According to the save file, you made 2 Beta models.

There is the 1909 Beta and the 1915 Beta.

You already created a new generation of the 1909 Beta. You can not use this one to make a new generation anymore. You can select the 1915 Beta from the list and make a new generation. I just did that in the save game you sent.

Quote:
Quote:I suggest splitting Europe into two and using the custom districts restrictions. Russia is really far away from Western Europe.
Actually that was my initial plan. But auto producetion with custom districts isn't clear to me. If am not mistaken the game use continents by default. So what I am supposed to do is providing the game with a list of custom district he should consider instead of continents. Is that correct?

Correct. You would make a list of custom districts. You will disable Regional Restriction inside the Shipping Restriction Configuration system. Then, you will move the custom districts you want to limit shipping to from the left list to the right list. Branches not in the right-list districts will be set to global shipping.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3.0.2 - Excessive transportation costs with auto-production on - by Eric.B - 06-03-2024, 11:34 PM