Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.3.0.2 - Excessive transportation costs with auto-production on
Quote: According to the save file, you made 2 Beta models.

There is the 1909 Beta and the 1915 Beta.

You already created a new generation of the 1909 Beta. You can not use this one to make a new generation anymore. You can select the 1915 Beta from the list and make a new generation. I just did that in the save game you sent.

As I said before, I could make a new generation of 1915 beta, but I couldn't name is as Beta. So, making a new generation of 1915 beta is what I just did. But, as I said before, I was forced to name it Beta II. This really sounds like a bug to me.

Quote:Fuel prices were cheaper in 1901 than in 1920. You're also looking at Bologna and New York, which have higher infrastructure values than Tsarist/Communist Russia and collapsing Spain. There is also the monetary devaluation factor.

Please note what you see in the branch windows are estimates. If you go to the individual city, you see the price range from minimum to maximum prices. These estimates do not take into consideration factory shipping restrictions imposed by the AI Autoproduction system. They do account for branch-level and model-level shipping restrictions. Instead, use the metrics for Total Delivery Costs to see how secondary expenses are effecting your profit margins as a whole. And the Branch operations report is also helpful for catching high transportation costs.

I recovered a save of Vanilla Classic in 1921 that I played similarly.
Now, as different as the permutations of factories/branches may be (and they are not that different), as different as the traveling salesman algorithm may work on different data (and they are not that different), in VanillaClassic, the maximum transportation cost for Europe in 1921 is $160. And at that time I had a factory in Barcelona and a branch in Moscow. You can find the save here

This also seems to me to be an unsolved problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3.0.2 - Excessive transportation costs with auto-production on - by AstraMeccanica - 06-04-2024, 06:47 AM