Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.3.0.2 - Excessive transportation costs with auto-production on
(06-04-2024, 06:47 AM)AstraMeccanica Wrote:
Quote: According to the save file, you made 2 Beta models.

There is the 1909 Beta and the 1915 Beta.

You already created a new generation of the 1909 Beta. You can not use this one to make a new generation anymore. You can select the 1915 Beta from the list and make a new generation. I just did that in the save game you sent.

As I said before, I could make a new generation of 1915 beta, but I couldn't name is as Beta. So, making a new generation of 1915 beta is what I just did. But, as I said before, I was forced to name it Beta II. This really sounds like a bug to me.

Well the picture I uploaded clearly shows that I was able to make a new generation of 1915 Beta. So, you'll need to figure out what you did in order to duplicate the issue you ran into. IE. When it happens again, try to remember what you did that session. Because I was unable to duplicate the issue.

Quote:
Quote:Please note what you see in the branch windows are estimates. If you go to the individual city, you see the price range from minimum to maximum prices. These estimates do not take into consideration factory shipping restrictions imposed by the AI Autoproduction system. They do account for branch-level and model-level shipping restrictions. Instead, use the metrics for Total Delivery Costs to see how secondary expenses are effecting your profit margins as a whole. And the Branch operations report is also helpful for catching high transportation costs.

I recovered a save of Vanilla Classic in 1921 that I played similarly.
Now, as different as the permutations of factories/branches may be (and they are not that different), as different as the traveling salesman algorithm may work on different data (and they are not that different), in VanillaClassic, the maximum transportation cost for Europe in 1921 is $160. And at that time I had a factory in Barcelona and a branch in Moscow. You can find the save here

This also seems to me to be an unsolved problem.

Please reread the part you quoted of mine.

1) Estimations are estimations.

2) The autoproduction system has changed, the shipping costs are the same, but how the game sees shipping restrictions is now different.

3) 2nd Gear shows you global shipping estimates when autoproduction is enabled if a branch is not assigned to a restriction list. Classic GearCity is showing you regionally locked estimates. 2nd Gear is designed for you to use custom districts. Classic GC has predefined districts for Autoproduction

4) You are not selling anything in your Russian branch in the save game you just sent, but if you check the transportation costs and the TDC in the reports, the actual stuff you're paying, they're roughly the same.

I can check if I can make the estimates work for predefined districts in the AP, but if it is not an easy fix, it won't be changed. I don't recall if the new AP system lets you define shipping distances/locks branch. If it does, that's the solution for you to do to get a narrower estimation. Classic GC automatically locks your shipping to the predefined area, and locks you out with that giant lock button.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3.0.2 - Excessive transportation costs with auto-production on - by Eric.B - 06-04-2024, 10:18 AM