Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[FIXED]Add marketing budgets to all: suggestion.
(01-15-2014, 07:59 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 06:55 PM)Drake Wrote: Whoops, I didn't see this thread until after I posted mine..

This is pretty much what I was suggesting.

I think your suggestion is less practical than the one in this thread.

From your thread, i think you wanted a slider to adjust all marketing sliders Newspapers to Miscellaneous, in one slider.
Thats different from this suggestion, which seems to be only changing the way the current "set all" button works. (currently only by dollar value i think)

For several reasons i think trying to have one button for all sliders is impractical.
1. The current marketing effectiveness report strongly pushes players to not spend equally in each area. In fact i was debating with someone yesterday who doesn't spend anything on half of those areas in early game.
2. While 50% of everything sounds reasonable, spending say 300 on newspapers, 50% of things like sports and miscellaneous is around 20k or more for some cities.
3. Following on from point 2, In most cases where you can sell over a 100 vehicles and you have decent money, you probably should always have newspapers on max. Its by far the most effective early game, and will cost you under $10 per unit if your selling more than 100 cars in the city.

Im not sure if there is any practical way to combine all the sliders.

Personally I don't see any practical way NOT to have an easy way on controlling all sliders.. Perhaps removing independent adjustment of sliders is going too far, but there needs to be a way of setting all sliders to a % quickly and easily.

Also the "Set All" button is broken since it allows you to spend more than maximum on advertising and isn't really practical...

Now if a "Clone Marketing" button replaced it that would be much better, but only if it worked on % of the slider, and not the actual $ amount spent.

I think a slider that you can quickly adjust all marketing sliders with, but are still able to individually adjust the sliders would be best along with the button replacement mentioned above..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add marketing budgets to all: suggestion. - by Drake - 01-16-2014, 06:20 AM