Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Engine Contracting Suggestion (By request)
(01-29-2014, 02:31 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Thanks Arakash. I like your ideas here.

You're right about engines getting too large by mid WWII. The famous Rolls Royce Merlin engine was a 27L V12 and the biggest the game can produce is a 20L V12. There were even bigger engines around right at the start of the war too! The Junkers Jumo 211 entered production in 1936 and powered some of Germanys most famous eaircraft and it was 35L!!!

I'd love to be able to make these monsters but I dare say that to make such engines possible would require a bit of an overhaul of the game.

But, as you point out, there is still plenty of scope of engines that can currently be made in the game to fit into the system.

Those are some great examples, i wish i had of thought of them when writing my post Smile.
Those large engines are interesting arent they Smile, even if we just focus on petrol rather than diesel engines, some of them are really huge. The Maybach 20L engine i mentioned was from the 60ton Tiger tank, which i think was considered underpowered at 600-700hp.

That said, I avoided looking into aircraft engines, not only are a lot of them huge like you mention, a lot of them are also specifically designed for flying at altitude and high speed. I think the Merlin you mentioned had some sort of special Supercharger just for aircraft at high altitudes for example.

We agree on the scope of military engines, some of the larger ones may not be in for a while or take interface changes, but the smaller ones seem practical.

Anyway, im glad my post/suggestion was entertaining and somewhat useful Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Military Engine Contracting Suggestion (By request) - by Arakash - 01-29-2014, 10:45 PM