Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details
Quote:In 1.17 and older, not much if unless your targeting luxury sedans. It does improve sales of older and wealthier people. However It's not really a strong enough draw so to speak.

That's what I had guessed. How does it improve sales of older and wealthier people btw? Thought GearCity was selling cars not people Tongue

Guessing you mean for luxury sedans having a higher comfort rating would increase its sales to older and wealthier people but the primary value for a luxury sedan is luxury so it sort of comes with the body type.

Quote:In 1.18 and newer, it'll be quite a bit stronger. I'm in the process of rewriting much of the code that handles this stuff. Comforts and luxury options as well as manufacturing quality will actually increase your consumer ratings and maximum price range over per-capita. However it's also going to become much more expensive to increase luxury ratings. So it's a bit of a balancing issue. Demographics code is also getting a pretty big overhaul, so things like this will become much much more important.

Also I'm adding a bunch of Demographics/Advice stuff into the RnD. So the game should actually tell you what your focusing on, how to improve it, etc.

Yeah, been following your 1.18 thread so am aware of those changes. It'll certainly make designing vehicles tougher due to the increased effects of the other values but the addition of the advice in RnD should help offset that to make it more understandable imo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details - by madman12 - 01-15-2015, 01:36 AM