Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Resarch skill at 0
Hello,
my research skill is at 0 in 1945.
I play in nightmare.
my skills in chassis, motors and gearboxs are at 60.
I didn't spend any budget on research in the first few years but I often look for new designs.
Did not having a research budget virtually put my rating in the negative?
for over a year I have set the maximum budgets but I am still at 0.

my save file:

https://gofile.io/d/pVVc8q
Not sure why you moved the thread here but didn't upload directly to our site. Anyway.

It seems you allowed the rating to get so low that it triggered a rounding error which kept the rating from being updated. I have fixed this issue in the game and changes will be in the 2.0.0.13 update sometime toward the end of the year.

I've also upped your RnD Skill to avoid hitting that rounding error issue. You only need to keep 1 design in development at any given time for your skills to go up. Also note, you have to keep active funding in Research Skills for them to be of any use, it takes several turns for them to build up effectiveness, but they immediately drop effectiveness if you set the budget to 0. (You're effectively firing all of your engineers.)

See the attached for a repaired save game.

Attached Files
.zip   1932.db.zip (Size: 85.68 MB / Downloads: 27)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
It works, thank you!
Don't let it fall below 1, and it should work fine. The bug is fixed for the next update.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Ok I will monitor this. And do new generations or new versions of an existing model count as new designs in this calculation?
Yes, anything designed in the last 2 years counts.

The RnD skill update code just doesn't update if you're under a certain value that you shouldn't be able to get to. You managed to get it to that limit, but the SQL rounded the value down, causing it to be under that limit.