Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] New Factory - Number of lines
Decided to give the old production system a go in latest 2nd Gear version and when I try to open a new factory it limits me to only one line, even if I move the slider all the way to the right. Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature related to the new production system ?
No new features to the old factory system in the latest build. It was working fine for me when I play tested it. However, that was right after implementing the new factory system, but months before bug fixes I made for release QA. So, I probably broke something.

Please upload your save game and also let me know what operating system you're using. https://wiki.gearcity.info/doku.php?id=t...vegamefile

Thanks.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I just emailed the file to you and I am using Windows 11
Thanks much! I'll take a look at it in the coming days and let you know when it's fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
This was actually a display issue, the number of lines does increase if you build the factory. Of course, this makes it hard to judge how big the factory is when you're building it.

Anyway, I have fixed the issue, and the changes will be in the next update! Thanks again!
(09-09-2024, 04:05 PM)Eric.B Wrote: This was actually a display issue, the number of lines does increase if you build the factory. Of course, this makes it hard to judge how big the factory is when you're building it.

Anyway, I have fixed the issue, and the changes will be in the next update! Thanks again!

Thank you! I decided to play anyway using the new production systema and I had a few questions/comments

1) There should be an ability to retool your factories maybe 2 months prior to the design being ready. That way you dont have to wait to retool and have downtime right after new designs are completed and reviewed.

2) Is there a feature for the auto adjust to also retool the factories? Or is the intention for it to always be manual? This gets quite difficult once you have multiple factories making multiple models

3) Is it possible for the new trim/generation to have a checkbox to auto replace everything including factory production numbers?

4) IS a complete retooling always needed after you buy a new company and spin it off as a subsidiary? This makes it very tedious.
(Yesterday, 12:00 PM)upanchamia Wrote: 1) There should be an ability to retool your factories maybe 2 months prior to the design being ready. That way you dont have to wait to retool and have downtime right after new designs are completed and reviewed.

This was planned but not feasible considering the price of the bounty and how long it took to implement. It may come back as a bounty of its own in the future.

Quote:2) Is there a feature for the auto adjust to also retool the factories? Or is the intention for it to always be manual? This gets quite difficult once you have multiple factories making multiple models

There is an "Auto Adjust" where "Auto Production" used to be in the Mega Menu. This adjusts production within the maximum value. There is no auto system for managing maximum production numbers. You're not expected to change it frequently. (As more sample gameplay comes in, I may increase the penalties for retooling max production.) The system is intended to be manual. Inventory management will become more of a factor as additional bounties are funded. However, the community funded the new production system earlier than planned.

Quote:3) Is it possible for the new trim/generation to have a checkbox to auto replace everything including factory production numbers?

Nope. Ideally, we'll be doing away with trims in the future. https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3835

Quote:4) IS a complete retooling always needed after you buy a new company and spin it off as a subsidiary? This makes it very tedious.

You'll need to expand upon this because I am unsure what you're talking about. What issues are you having? What is it doing? This might be a bug, but we're right at the cut-off for the next update. So, if you can let me know before I finish building GearCity v2.0.0.13, I'll look into it for GC:2G v2.4.0.1. (Save game pre and post issue is most helpful.)
Thanks for the continued support

[/quote]

You'll need to expand upon this because I am unsure what you're talking about. What issues are you having? What is it doing? This might be a bug, but we're right at the cut-off for the next update. So, if you can let me know before I finish building GearCity v2.0.0.13, I'll look into it for GC:2G v2.4.0.1. (Save game pre and post issue is most helpful.)
[/quote]

Sorry I moved on in the save but what I think happened was that I acquired a company and all its factories and models. Then in the same turn I spun it off as a subsidiary. This caused all my factories to ideal and thus needing a retool. And more importantly setting up the retooling numbers all over again.

Anyway I seemed to have run into another problem. In 1953 , when I try to build a new factory, it now does not let me build the huge 100k+ capacity factories. The max I can build is 15k or so even with 6 platforms. I tried it in "developed" cities like cologne too. I already have built 300k capacity factories earlier in the forties in the same save. Save attached.

Attached Files
.zip   indiawheels 3.zip (Size: 38.68 MB / Downloads: 2)
(Yesterday, 11:09 PM)upanchamia Wrote: Sorry I moved on in the save but what I think happened was that I acquired a company and all its factories and models. Then in the same turn I spun it off as a subsidiary. This caused all my factories to ideal and thus needing a retool. And more importantly setting up the retooling numbers all over again.

Likely this is related to this issue: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4601 and it is fixed in the next update. However, if you can duplicate it with v2.4.0.1, please send me the before and after saves if possible.

Quote:Anyway I seemed to have run into another problem. In 1953 , when I try to build a new factory, it now does not let me build the huge 100k+ capacity factories. The max I can build is 15k or so even with 6 platforms. I tried it in "developed" cities like cologne too. I already have built 300k capacity factories earlier in the forties in the same save. Save attached.

This is related to this bug: https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4595 and is fixed in the next update.
Thank you

Is the factory bug just visual when constructing and the actual factory built will have the higher intended peak capacities or will the factory I build actually have a lower peak capacity as indicated in the factory construction window?

Thanks
(7 hours ago)upanchamia Wrote: Thank you

Is the factory bug just visual when constructing and the actual factory built will have the higher intended peak capacities or will the factory I build actually have a lower peak capacity as indicated in the factory construction window?

Thanks

It is not a visual bug, max production values decrease significantly after 1950 because of left over code from the old factory system.